eDiscovery Daily Blog
Weekly Trends From a Name and an Organization You Know Well: eDiscovery Trends
I’m shocked – shocked! – that I haven’t covered this before now. What if I told you there is a single place you can go to get a list of weekly trends on eDiscovery – everything from articles to case law to announcements and even upcoming events and webinars? And that it’s available from an organization you probably know well and an author you probably know even better? You’d probably want to check that out, right?
Indeed, you should. It’s the Weekly Trends Report compiled by none other than EDRM co-founder and BDO Managing Director George Socha, available on the blog page of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) website or directly from the weekly trends page here, which also includes previous weekly trends reports, back to December of last year. The weekly trends report delivers:
“Insight into where e-discovery, information governance cybersecurity, and digital transformation are heading – who is doing what now or in the future, what works and what doesn’t, and what people wish they could do but can’t – gleaned from recent publications”
Here are examples of the types of topics that George covers on his weekly trends report:
- An Above the Fold section where George touches on some of his upcoming speaking engagements (he has a new webinar series coming up with Mary Mack and will be speaking – 3 times! – at Relativity Fest).
- An Electronic Discovery section where he links to interesting articles related to eDiscovery.
- A Cybersecurity & Data Privacy section where he does the same for those topics, breaking it down into subcategories for things like CCPA and GDPR.
- A Legal Technology & Digital Transformation section where he links to interesting articles that tie into those topics.
- An E-Discovery Case Law section with a brief blurb on recent cases and links to coverage/case opinions.
- An Announcements section where he links to announcements by companies in the eDiscovery space.
- An Additional Articles section where he links to other notable articles not covered above.
- An Upcoming Events section where he provides a list of notable webinars, conferences, podcasts and meetings over the next month, with (of course) links for more info on how to register, etc.
In short, it’s a great summary of what’s going on in eDiscovery from a standpoint of notable articles, cases, company announcements and events. Now, you know – if you didn’t before!
So, what do you think? Where do you get your weekly trends for eDiscovery? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Sponsor: This blog is sponsored by CloudNine, which is a data and legal discovery technology company with proven expertise in simplifying and automating the discovery of data for audits, investigations, and litigation. Used by legal and business customers worldwide including more than 50 of the top 250 Am Law firms and many of the world’s leading corporations, CloudNine’s eDiscovery automation software and services help customers gain insight and intelligence on electronic data.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by CloudNine. eDiscovery Daily is made available by CloudNine solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Daily should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.
CloudNine empowers legal, information technology, and business professionals with eDiscovery automation software and professional services that simplify litigation, investigations, and audits for law firms and corporations.